When you’re in the throes of the most important part of your marriage—getting engaged and getting engaged-ready—it can be easy to forget how to properly prepare for the ceremony and for the reception.
Here are some of the nuggets I’ve found helpful when I’m looking to get engaged and ready for my big day.
• Avoid the pressure to “do it all” as you plan the wedding day.
If you’re planning to take your engagement photos in the morning or evening, the pressure of getting your photos taken is a bit overwhelming, especially if you have a busy schedule.
Instead, plan ahead to take the best photos that you can, and if you can’t find them, try to find them elsewhere.
• Make sure your invitations are tailored to your personal style.
In some cases, I know some bridesmaids who have a very specific style for their wedding and they prefer to dress for that style, rather than just having their friends or colleagues dress in their way.
Make sure you include a few photos of your personal styles and include them on your invitations.
• Dress your friends and family up for the big day: A big part of the fun of a wedding is to dress up and entertain your guests.
You’ll have fun sharing stories about your family and friends, and having a great time.
This is where you need to find creative ways to make it memorable.
• Be creative with the colors of your dress.
In my experience, some couples dress their wedding invitations in different colors and make them look really fancy.
I find that the more traditional colors are the ones that I’m more comfortable with.
• Consider using some of your own photos of the day to decorate your invitations and your invitations themselves.
You can get creative with these and make your guests feel like they’ve been invited to a special moment with you.
• If you’ve got guests coming from out of town, take a photo of them while you’re taking photos for your invitations as well.
That way, you can have them feel that you’ve been welcomed and invited to the big event.
• Remember to wear the perfect attire: Even though you’re looking forward to the ceremony, you may have to wear your best outfit to the reception and the reception itself.
You may want to take a picture of yourself at the reception, or you can try to arrange a photo shoot with friends in your hometown or somewhere in the city.
• Have fun and be yourself: As you plan your wedding, remember to take photos with friends, family and colleagues.
Remember that you’re a big part on the process and that you want to make your wedding memorable for everyone involved.
Be mindful of your image and how you present yourself.
Don’t be afraid to show off your creativity, or to be the one who brings the cake.
The more people that you have in your life, the more people you will have to share the joy of your love with.
Be prepared for the wedding to be a great experience and have fun.