‘A day of reckoning’: Woman’s story of being attacked for her photo on Facebook

NEW YORK — A day after a woman said she was attacked on a subway platform by a man who said he had killed her children, an NYPD detective and her family are holding a vigil for the woman.

The woman, identified as 24-year-old Tasha, said she went on the subway in Brooklyn around 3 p.m.

Sunday to make a phone call to a friend about the disappearance of her two-year old daughter.

She was walking with her daughter on the platform when she was approached by a white man who began to harass her, Tasha said.

The man grabbed her arm and told her to stop crying, she said.

She said she tried to walk away and call police but that he was still chasing her.

“The man kept grabbing me, punching me, throwing punches at me.

I was in tears,” she said, tears streaming down her face.

I was afraid he would kill me, she continued.

“I said, ‘I can’t go on.’

He said, `Go to hell, you ugly woman.'”

The man then ran off.

Tasha followed, she added.

The NYPD said the incident is under investigation and it was not immediately clear if the man was a suspect.

The investigation is continuing and the woman was taken to the hospital, where she was treated for a concussion, police said.

She described the assault as the worst she had ever experienced and said it was a direct result of her photos on social media.

Tasha said she did not want to be photographed in public.

She posted a video of herself holding her bruised and bruised face in the subway station on Instagram.

She said her friends called police after the incident.

“They told me that they’re gonna put me in jail,” she wrote.

“So I’m walking down the street and I’m like, ‘Why did I get assaulted?'”

“I’m scared to come out of the subway, I’m scared because it’s not safe for me,” she added, adding that she was terrified for her daughter.

The Brooklyn-born mother of two said she does not want the man to know what happened.

“I want him to be held accountable,” she told ABC News.

“You know, you can’t let your kids go through this.

You can’t allow it to happen.”

The suspect has not been identified, the NYPD said.

Police said he was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a black hat.